My intro and why I'm here

If you wish, you can introduce yourself here; or welcome new members with a quick note.
ChrisH

My intro and why I'm here

Postby ChrisH » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:19 pm

I'll be 70 later this summer, and was a major fan of radio drama in the 50s as a kid-- esp. since we didn't get a TV till '57, and my watching hours were limited by concerned parents; less so my radio time. In Boston in the '70s and '80s I heard a fair amount of the old shows plus some great dramas on Nat. Public Radio (Moon over Morocco, Canticle for Liebowitz, etc). Since coming to Washington DC I have been a regular listener to WAMU's Sunday evening show, The Big Broadcast, created by Ed Walker. But I come not to praise, although I still love the old shows --esp Johnny Dollar, Gunsmoke, and Our Miss Brooks. I'm really here at this site to try to track down a friend from the '80s, a ham operator (we went to radio flea markets together) who was also a broadcaster --on U. Mass-Boston's station WUMB in the 70s and 80s. His name was/is ROGER CICCESI, and he was one of the many blind radio buffs who went into radio as a hobby. I moved overseas in '90, and came back to DC, not Boston. On my next trip there I went by their house in Watertown, but the family had moved. IF ANYONE knew Roger and knows where he is living now, PLEASE alert him to my presence here at this site and ask him to get in touch with me via this thread. Thanks, especially to anyone who helps us get back in touch. -CHRIS HAGER

Return to “Welcomes & Introductions”