Looking for Maude Adams programs

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

bunnychan

Looking for Maude Adams programs

Postby bunnychan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Maude Adams, the American actress of the late 1800's, early 1900's, did a series of radio shows as part of something called NBC Pond's Program. They started on January 12th, either of 1933 or 1934. They included a program about the play The Little Minister; three on Peter Pan; one on Rosemary, and two other pieces.

I have searched lots of places on line and cannot find the actual programs. Does anyone have any leads at all where I could find this series; I'd love to hear what Maude Adams sounds like.

MartinGrams

Postby MartinGrams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:29 am

Assuming you are not talking about Maude Adams, one of the most beautiful women in cinema and recognized Bond girl, I know of only recording that has the Maude Adams you are referring to. And it does exist and is in circulation. I do not have a copy (can't help you out there) but you can subscribe to Charlie's OTR Digest and ask and someone will probably be able to help you.

December 24, 1938. NBC net. A Christmas eve program of seasonal music and verse. Maude Adams is described as the director of the dramatic department of Stevens College. Joseph Hauntie conducted the music. 30 minute show.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”