THEME MUSIC TO "DOCTOR SIX-GUN" NBC RADIO?

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Hal Evans

THEME MUSIC TO "DOCTOR SIX-GUN" NBC RADIO?

Postby Hal Evans » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:49 am

Would someone please tell me what the name of the track and the music production library source opening theme for "Doctor Six-Gun," which ran in the 1950s on NBC Radio?

This has become a quest for me.

My guess is that it's from a Britsh producton music library.

Thanks!

Hal Evans

Someone MUST Know This!

Postby Hal Evans » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:00 am

Someone must know this. I'd sure like to know the source production library for this.

Perhaps I have a clue. Knowing how radio producers like to keep production costs down, chances are the cues for all NBC radio productions waaay back came from one library.

I am now guessing it would be more like the MUTEL library. Why? The NBC radio "Rocky Fortune" series with Frank Sinatra used the series them music cue from the old original MUTEL Library that I have. However, only one or two "big ending" cues are it.

So my guess is in the second MUTEL Library series, which I don't have.

Having said that, some of the cues inside the show sound a LOT like cues from the Chappell Production Library.

As far as that goes, there was a sort of mom & pop daytime show on NBC that used to really cute cues that were also released first as 78s and then later on LP. Little gems of orchestration.

As you can tell, I'm very much into this aspect of OTR more than any other. Too bad there's not a separate thread for this. However seeing as how it looks like this board is nearly dead and buried, it may not get any replies.

However, "It's a chancey job. It makes a man watchful. And a little lonely." :)

Return to “Main OTR BBS”