Script- Suspense: Three O'Clock

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

moosejunk

Script- Suspense: Three O'Clock

Postby moosejunk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello. I'm new to this so please forgive me if I breach any rules.
Does anyone have a SCRIPT for Suspense: "Three O'Clock"?
I've searched high & low to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Stewart
Site Admin

Re: Script- Suspense: Three O'Clock

Postby Stewart » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:13 pm

moosejunk wrote,
Hello. I'm new to this so please forgive me if I breach any rules.
Does anyone have a SCRIPT for Suspense: "Three O'Clock"?
I've searched high & low to no avail. Thanks in advance.

The only known copy of the March 10, 1949 Suspense episode "Three O'Clock" is in a California archive that does not allow photocopying.

Signing off for now,

moosejunk

Postby moosejunk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks for the quick & succinct response... do you know if anyone has a transciption copy of the script?

piqueroi

Postby piqueroi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Since I still employ Gregg Shorthand, if you could provide me with an MP3 of the show I'd be able to quickly create a transcription.

Looking on the internet, I remember having heard this show on an internet station AM1710 so it should be readily available from one of the OTR dealers. If you type, it would be easy enough for you yourself to transcribe it from a broadcast recording.

It is a good episode of Suspense.

moosejunk

Postby moosejunk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Hello Piqueroi -

If your offer stands - here is a link:

http://www.archive.org/details/SUSPENSE4

I am a hunt & peck typist at best.

It's a great script.

Dragon Chaser

Postby Dragon Chaser » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 am

I transcribe a few shows for myself and it takes about 4 hours per half hour episode so i'm not that quick, I'd do it for a small fee though if you really needed it done.

Any show I transcribe for myself I send to http://www.genericradio.com/ and I think i'm up to about half a dozen. Great place to look for scripts with an ever growing selection.

ericdeko411

Postby ericdeko411 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 am

Did you able to get a copy?

Sam West

Postby Sam West » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:43 am

Heck, I write plays and movie scripts. I've been doing it for some time. So "ain't no big deal." So really folks, if you can type, you can write scripts or, in this case, simply transcribe the radio show by listening to it. It won't take long,. Try it. You'll like it.

The format for a radio script is like a radio spot. It's like a stage play or a movie script without pictures.

The bigger question is, WHY do you want to do it? If you want to re-create it, I'm guessing the same legal action applies to duplicating old radio shows. A higher court threw the whole thing out.

I'd suggest you use you own imagination and make you very own radio plays. We all are endowed with imagination. It's like Saint-Saens said about composing music. "Why the music is floating in the air, One only has to pluck out the notes from the sky and put it to paper!" :) Tis a similar pursuit for radio plays, stage plays and movie scripts. ###

Sam West

Postby Sam West » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:47 am

My original post was to ask the good and kind folks here is if they know anything about CBS Radio announcer Stewart (or Stuart) Ness? He was most often an announcer on "Suspense." There is nothing on the web about him. Was he related to radio producer Stanley Ness?

If anyone know, kindly post here. :)

Seasons Greetings! :D

Return to “Main OTR BBS”