Help finding George Bamber

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Dragon Chaser

Help finding George Bamber

Postby Dragon Chaser » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:14 am

Hello there I'm a newb on the OTR BBS but a 15 year listener to OTR.

I have looked online trying to find information about George Bamber - he wrote 11 scripts for Suspense and I think at least one novel in 1971. There is currently a George Bamber working in film as a first and second assistant director who's film career goes back to the early 90's. It might be the same guy but I don't think so. Anyway I would like to use one of his scripts for a project and the radio shows are in the Public Domain but the writer has copyright on his story for 50 years past his death. So George Bamber the writer even if he is dead has a copyright held on his work. I'm not sure if there is anyone enforcing this copyright though, the author or an estate. Anyone know any more information on this? Thanks!

Suspense scripts by George Bamber

May 25, 1958 - Like Man, Somebody Dig Me
February 1, 1959 - Return To Dust
April 19, 1959 - See How She Runs
August 16, 1959 - Like, Man, Somebody Dig Me
November 1, 1959 - Re-Entry
December 20, 1959 - A Korean Christmas Carol
Fevruary 28, 1960 - Lt. Langer's Last Collection
April 17, 1960 - Tonight At 5:55
July 10, 1960 - Report From A Dead Planet
November 6, 1960 - The Green Lorelei
October 29, 1961 - Death Of An Old Flame
January 21, 1962 - 2462

jwidner

Re: Help finding George Bamber

Postby jwidner » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:25 am

Dragon Chaser wrote:Hello there I'm a newb on the OTR BBS but a 15 year listener to OTR.

I have looked online trying to find information about George Bamber - he wrote 11 scripts for Suspense and I think at least one novel in 1971. There is currently a George Bamber working in film as a first and second assistant director who's film career goes back to the early 90's. It might be the same guy but I don't think so. Anyway I would like to use one of his scripts for a project and the radio shows are in the Public Domain but the writer has copyright on his story for 50 years past his death. So George Bamber the writer even if he is dead has a copyright held on his work. I'm not sure if there is anyone enforcing this copyright though, the author or an estate. Anyone know any more information on this? Thanks!

Below is the info for the author of "The Sea Is Boiling Hot." Not sure if he is the same person who wrote the radio scripts, but might be worth a shot. Let me know if you have any luck.

George Bamber

* 2057 Willow Glen Rd
Fallbrook, CA 92028
* Phone: 7607286786

Return to “Main OTR BBS”