Old time Christmas episode help.

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Percy

Old time Christmas episode help.

Postby Percy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for any info I can glean from the experts here. :D

I'm trying to find the name and possibly a link to a radio show that I heard several years back while visiting family in another state. The local radio station had a 24 hour Christmas program running and much of it was skits from old time radio shows. Being a child of the 70's and having never listened to these programs, I was mesmerized. My elderly father came in the kitchen and listened for a bit as well and he recognized some of the shows. It was nice and I'd like to relive at least one of those shows this Christmas. I've contacted the radio station which broadcast the special Christmas program, but they are no help.

It's been a number of years and my memory is sketchy, but this is what I have. The show in question involved an old pioneer (or possibly a miner or homesteader) and his wife. This pioneer had a Indian sidekick who seemed to do his bidding and was involved in the skit. He sent the Indian to town during a driving snow storm for a present for the wife. She wasn't expecting it and when the Indian showed up with it, the present was a big surprise. I can't remember if there was a 'Gift of the Magi' aspect to the story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”