Young Doctor Malone

Hosted by Jim Cox, author of The Great Radio Soap Operas (31 Classic Daytime Dramas, 1930-1960)

Moderator: Jim Cox

osron34

Young Doctor Malone

Postby osron34 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Young Doctor Malone was the first soap opera that I followed. It was recommended by a friend and was conveniently on at lunchtime. This was around 1946. I was devasted a couple of years later when it left the airwaves so they could present a "newscast". It was several months later that I discovered it was not cancelled, only not broadcast in Chicago.

There are several consecutive broadcasts available. This is great, because they are from the period I was listening to and I remember the storyline. The only flaw is there are commercials and story, just no music introduction. I always enjoyed the musical openings on all the soaps I believe the theme was an adaptation of the 4th movement of Jean Sibelius' Symphony No. 2. Does anyone know if there are any episodes complete with the musical introduction from the 40s? Those episodes that are available with musical introduction are with the new theme.

osron34

Return to “Great Radio Soap Operas BBS”