Lum and Abner question

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Vigilante407

Lum and Abner question

Postby Vigilante407 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:15 pm

Howdy again!

I gots another question for the illuminated ones out there. I've been listening to Lum and Abner's 1935 show and I downloaded the March 7, 1935 (#59) and the March 8, 1935 (#60) show off of archive.org. They appear to be the same show, recorded at a different bit rate. The descriptions I've found for each show both cover events that occur during the one I have, so I'm wondering if there is a different #50 or 60 out there somewhere.

Thanks,

--Rich
vigilante407@gmail.com

ImaginaryColours

Postby ImaginaryColours » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 pm

I don't know if this is any help, but many of my OTR shows seem to be mislabeled. Admittedly, most of my shows are MP3s from other enthusiasts, and not from RadioSpirits and the like.

I've found shows duplicated on the same disk but with different label date and show number. I've also seen shows with one title and description listed in the file name but the description that plays on the media player might be different, and the content of the audio might be still something else.

It is pretty frustrating.

Tom
The Lights Guy

Return to “Main OTR BBS”