- Dr. Marvin Bensman's article on Collecting OTR
- University of Memphis History of Broadcasting A condensed history of OTR and TV broadcasting, from 1920 to the 1960s.
- The origin of Clear Channel Stations. Once upon a time, motorists could travel across very large regions of the USA while tuned to a single clear channel AM station.
- OTR is not limited to US programming. See Our International OTR Page for Non-US OTR info.
- The tribal background of the Lone Ranger's sidekick, Tonto.
- What does 'Kemo Sabe' really mean? By Fran Striker, Jr., the son of the author of The Lone Ranger.
- The Broadcast Archive Barry Mishkind's repository of broadcast history. historical materials on both pioneer and current broadcast radio stations.
- Did you ever wonder how the NBC chimes came to be? Did you know there was once a fourth chime? Read all about it in Bill Harris; A History of the NBC Chimes.
- Recordings from the machine that made the old NBC three-note chimes are now used on some NBC TV programs. Read about the discovery and return of this machine in Brian Wickham's More on the NBC Chimes article.
- "Golden Age", "Silver Age", "Stone Age". Just how do all these radio ages relate? Here is a table that should help!